Chelsea Village experienced extensive flooding overnight. Residents in the village have been advised to evacuate and take shelter at the United Church of Chelsea. We will continue to update this page as we learn more.
Please continue to monitor weather reports and be mindful of water levels in rivers and streams. Stay off the roads if you do not need to travel and do not drive or walk through flood water as strong currents or unseen washouts may sweep you or your car away.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911. If you have a non-emergent question, contact Tracy Simon (Chelsea’s Emergency Management Director) at 802-839-0522.
If you have information about local road and bridge conditions or closures, please contact Jesse Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest road closure updates, please visit https://newengland511.org.
Orange County Road Closings
- VT-14 in Williamstown in the Williamstown Gulf is CLOSED due to flooding.
- VT-14 in Brookfield is CLOSED from Brown Drive to Tripp RD due to flooding
- VT-65 in Brookfield Floating Bridge over Sunset Lake is CLOSED due to flooding
- VT-14 in Randolph is CLOSED between Clay Wright Rd and S Randolph Rd due to flooding.
- VT-14 in East Randolph north of VT-66 is CLOSED to all traffic due to flooding. Closures also likely to extend into Brookfield.
- VT-64 In Williamstown from junction of VT-14 to I-89 is closed due to flooding.
- VT-110 is CLOSED in Washington Village due to flooding
- VT-110 in Washington is down to one lane near Richardson Rd due to flooding.
- VT-25 in Topsham near Waits River Valley School is CLOSED due to flooding.
- VT-25 in Topsham at Waits River Valley School to Brook Rd in Corinth is CLOSED due to flooding.
- VT-14 in Vershire is CLOSED between Darling Hill Rd and Vershire Center Rd due to flooding
- VT-113 in Vershire is CLOSED near Beaver Meadow Rd due to flooding.
Washington County Road Closings
- Berlin State Highway between VT-62 and US-302 is CLOSED to all traffic due to flooding at the bottom of the highway near US-302
- VT-62 EB at Hospital Hill (Airport Rd & Berlin State Hwy) is CLOSED to VT-62 EB traffic into Barre and WB traffic via Berlin State Hwy into Berlin/Montpelier to US-302.
- VT-62 in Berlin from Airport Rd to US-302 is CLOSED due to flooding.
- I-89 NB at Exit 8 is CLOSED due to flooding
- I-89 NB from Exit 7 to Exit 9 is CLOSED to ALL TRAFFIC due to flooding.
- I-89 NB just north of Exit 8 in Montpelier is closed to ONE LANE due to water
- I-89 SB from Exit 9 to Exit 8 is CLOSED due to flooding
- VT-12A South of Roxbury village between Railroad Ave and Sullivan Hill Rd is CLOSED due to flooding.
- VT-12A in Roxbury is CLOSED in both directions from Railroad Ave to Sullivan Hill Rd.
- VT-12 in Worcester at Ledge Rd is CLOSED due to flooding
- The Waterbury Park and Ride off Lincoln St in Waterbury is CLOSED due to high water.
- VT-12 in Berlin at Chase Rd is CLOSED due to flooding.
- VT-12 in Berlin between Slayton Ave and Weston St is CLOSED due to flooding
- VT-12 in Worchester north of Mill Rd near Tavern Farm is now CLOSED due to flooding.
- US-2 in Middlesex near Lower Barnett Hill Rd is closed due to flooding.
- Route 302 at the intersection of Route 2 to Sherwood Drive is now closed. We will update as soon as it is reopened
- US-2 in Marshfield is CLOSED between Plainfield Village and Nasmith Brook Rd due to flooding State Street from Bailey Avenue to Graves Street is closed
- State Street in Montpelier from Bailey Avenue to Graves Street is closed
- US-2 in East Montpelier between Gallison Hill Rd and Muddy Brook Rd is CLOSED due to flooding
- US-302 in Barre Town from Old Route 302 to the roundabout is CLOSED due to flooding.
- US-2 in Waterbury near Farrs Field (West of Waterbury) is CLOSED due to flooding
- US-2 Marshfield near Folsom Hill Road is CLOSED due to a mudslide.
- US-2 immediately west of the Village of Marshfield is CLOSED due to flooding
- US-2 in Marshfield at Beaver Meadow Road is CLOSED due to flooding and debris/mud
- US-2 in Duxbury is CLOSED between VT-100 and VT-100B due to Flooding.
- US-302 in Orange near Reservoir Road is CLOSED due to flooding.
- VT-14 in Calais at Pekin Brook Road is CLOSED due to flooding.
If you need to evacuate or are unable to return to your home, see below for a listing of emergency shelters for Vermonters. Our local emergency shelter is at the United Church of Chelsea
For people impacted by flooding in Vermont, below is a list of emergency shelters confirmed by Vermont Public.
- Barton Municipal Building, 17 Village Lane, Barton, Vermont
- Barre City Auditorium, 16 Auditorium Hill, Barre, Vermont
- Bridgewater Grange Hall, Route 100A, Bridgewater, Vermont
- Cavendish Baptist Church, 2258 Main Street, Cavendish, Vermont
- Hazen Union Gymnasium, 78 Hazen Union Drive, Hardwick, Vermont
- Newbrook Fire Department, 698 Route 30, Newfane, Vermont
- Plymouth Community Center, 35 School Drive, Plymouth, Vermont
- Vermont State University, 337 College Hill Road, Johnson, Vermont
- White River Valley Middle School, 273 Pleasant Street, Bethel, Vermont
- Williamstown Middle and High School, 120 Hebert Road, Williamstown, Vermont
- Williston Central School, 195 Central School Drive, Williston, Vermont
- Woodstock EMS Building, 454 Woodstock Road, Woodstock, Vermont
- Woodstock Elementary School, 15 South Street, Woodstock, Vermont