Thank you to our mighty town of Chelsea. As we recover from the recent severe weather, please continue to check on your neighbors, take care of our most vulnerable, and assume the best in everyone. We are aware that some residents are without electricity or phone access. We also know that some residents cannot currently access resources due to road closures. We are in the process of reaching out to residents to ensure safety and prioritize medical needs.
In the event that you are unable to access basic needs (i.e. food, water, or medications) please call 802-369-9229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your call is not answered, please provide us with your full name, address, needs/questions, and contact information.
We are coordinating with our local road crew, the Chelsea Fire Department, First Branch Ambulance, utility companies, contractors, and the state of Vermont to address safety concerns, first and foremost. PLEASE FIND INFORMATION & RESOURCES BELOW:
HOW TO GET HELP:
- Dial 211, text your zip code to 211, or visit https://vermont211.org.
- If you are in an emergency, dial 911.
- If your basement has been flooded, please contact the Chelsea Fire Station non-emergency contact at 685-3112.
EMERGENCY SHELTERS OPEN:
For individuals who have evacuated, please consider the following options for shelter:
- United Church of Chelsea, 13 North Common, Chelsea
- Reach out to friends and family who may be able to provide shelter
- Consider local hotels/motels
- Search for local shelters here
- Vermont Shelters:
New England 511 – We suggest you access this website for road closure information. The state is doing the best it can to keep it updated.
Local Roads Status:
- Access has been restored to the upper end of Upper Village Rd and South Washington Rd and Corinth Rd.
- Doyle Rd has been temporarily restored.
- Moxley Bridge is closed for the foreseeable future.
- Williamstown/Chelsea Rd- in progress, currently impassable.
- Jenkins Brook is passable.
- East Randolph Rd is passable.
- Brook Rd is passable.
If you have knowledge of a Chelsea road that requires repair, please contact 802-369-9229. We are doing our best to keep a current list of road conditions, including washouts and closures.
Current river levels and forecast: https://water.weather.gov/ahps/region.php?state=vt
Per the Chelsea Selectboard, there is currently a BOIL WATER NOTICE in the town of Chelsea until further notice. See full notice here.
The Chelsea wastewater system is operating at maximum capacity – PLEASE DO NOT DISCHARGE PUMPS LINES INTO THE TOWN SEWER SYSTEM.
Basement pumps, sump pumps, and the like need to be discharged outdoors.
If you need your basement pumped, contact the Chelsea Fire Station non-emergency number at 802-685-3112.