Two large dumpsters have been obtained to help aid our residents that have been impacted by last week’s flood.
The transfer station will be open on Thursday night, 7/20 from 4-8 PM ONLY FOR FLOOD DAMAGE MATERIAL.
In order for us to potentially be reimbursed by FEMA for removal of this debris, the following are the rules for Thursday night:
1. The dumpsters can only be used by those impacted by the flood. To that end, here are requirements to help us meet the FEMA requirements.
- The property owner has to be present at the transfer station
- We need to take pictures of the material being disposed of
- We will need your street address
2. At this time, the dumpsters are only for household debris. Carpets, sheetrock, basic household material that was damaged by the flood
- No appliances, furnaces, hot water heaters, hazardous debris, large furniture, etc…
- No rocks, trees, fences, etc..
3. There is likely to be a line coming into the transfer station. Please be patient, pull to the side of the road and be safe.
We recognize that there will be needs beyond what this Thursday nights hours will provide. We will be providing additional guidance in the next day or two as it relates to debris management beyond these two dumpsters.
We appreciate your patience and recognize how difficult this is for so many in our community. If you need help, please let the Selectboard and your neighbors know, we will do our best to help find you assistance.